INTRODUCTION TO 8(A) STARS II
8(a) STARS II is a multiple-award, indefinite-delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract engineered to provide cutting-edge technology solutions from award-winning 8(a) small businesses to federal agencies. Using 8(a) STARS II will enable you to access 8(a) firms through an established contract vehicle instead of traditional, open market methods – saving time and taxpayer money.
FUNCTIONAL SCOPE OF CONTRACT
- Functional Area 1 (FA1): NAICS 541511 – Custom Computer Programming Services
- Functional Area 2 (FA2): NAICS 541512 – Computer Systems Design Services
- Functional Area 3 (FA3): NAICS 541513 – Computer Facilities Management Services
- Functional Area 4 (FA4): NAICS 541519 – Other Computer Related Services
- 44 Customer agencies currently use GSA 8(a) STARS II
- 141 Labor Categories to choose from covering pricing all across CONUS
- The Department of Defense issued a memo on July 14, 2011 encouraging the use of 8(a) STARS II, among other small business GWACs, to meet the Department’s small business contracting and information technology needs.
NOVA CORPORATION PRIME CONTRACT NUMBER: GS-06F-1098Z
CONTRACT CEILING VALUE: $10 billion
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE:
- Aug. 31, 2011 – Aug. 30, 2016 (Base Period)
- Aug. 31, 2016 – Aug. 30, 2021 (Option Period)
BENEFITS OF USING GSA 8(A) STARS II GWAC
Directed task orders up to $4 million each
– 8(a) STARS II allows sole-source task order awards for orders under $4 million, including options.
– Orders more than $4 million must be competed among the industry partners in your chosen constellation and functional area.
– Directed orders do not require SBA approval or J&A by the agency.
Low 0.75 percent contract access fee
– GWACs have the same low contract access fee as GSA Schedules.
Access to multiple types of task orders
– 8(a) STARS II offers fixed price, time and materials, labor hour, and blended task order types, providing greater flexibility in procuring different types of IT products and services and meeting your mission requirements.
Assisted Acquisition Services (AAS)
– Provides lifecycle acquisition support for Government customers. GSA is also willing to do free SOW scope compatibility reviews for Government customers to see if their requirements are a good fit for the GSA 8(a) STARS II GWAC.
Continuous Learning Point (CLP) Credit
– Government customers can receive CLP Credit for Delegation of Procurement Authority Training. Training can be done via 15 minute call with GSA, 30 minute webinar held once a month or via self-review of the contract ordering guide.
No protests on orders under $10M
– Minimizes protest risk and supports timely order award for optimal mission support
– Only exception is on the grounds that the order increases the scope, period, or maximum value of the GWAC
Pre-competed, easy-to-use contract with streamlined ordering procedures (FAR 16.505)
– Saves time and money by reducing procurement lead time
Access to exceptionally qualified 8(a) small business industry partners
– Enables federal clients to earn 8(a) small business credit
GSA 8(A) STARS II WEBSITE